Requirements for Extended Abstract Preparation
The extended abstract should clearly define the theoretical and empirical gaps addressed by the researcher, a brief review of the work, a brief description of the methodology used, the results obtained and a brief discussion, the contributions expected to theory and practice, and the conclusions drawn from the study. The elements of extended abstract should be organized in the following order listed:
- Main Body Text (including a concise materials and methods, results and discussion, and conclusion sections)
Extended abstracts should be at least three pages or no more than 2000 words, excluding references.Download Extended Abstract Template
Requirements for Submission of Extended Abstract
- When submitting abstracts, authors should clearly indicate if they are either for oral or poster presentation or both.
- Authors can submit a maximum of two abstracts for both either oral or poster presentations.
- Authors are required to complete the online registration process before they can submit their abstracts. Once completed, authors will be given a username, password, and registration number. The authors will have access to submit and edit their abstracts using username, password and registration number given to them until the deadline submission on 10 August 2023 at 23:59 GMT+7. An icon to upload their abstracts will be provided in the account.
|Call for, Submission and Selection of Extended Abstracts for Oral/Poster Presentations
|Deadline for submission of extended abstracts
|30 September 2023
|Evaluation and selection of extended abstracts
|23 July - 2 October 2023
|Announcement of accepted extended abstracts for oral/poster presentations
|15 August - 2 October 2023
|Deadline for uploading of oral presentation files
|15 October 2023
|25 - 26 October 2023
- Participants whose abstracts are accepted for oral presentation will only be included in the session schedule of the Conference if they have fully paid the registration fee.
- Each presenter will have 15-minute time slot (12 minutes presentation, 3 minutes for discussion). Thus, PowerPoint file should not exceed 15 slides.
- Presentation file should be prepared using Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Presenters must upload their presentation files by login to their account on or before 15 October 2023 at 23:59 GMT+7.
- Maximum size for presentation file to be uploaded is 15 MB. Therefore, presentation files must use monochrome graphics or reduce the graphic quality to 150 ppi (for screen).
- If the file could not be reduced to 15 MB, please contact the Organizing Committee (email@example.com).
- Presenters are advised to bring their presentation files in flash drives or in any other appropriate format for backup.
- At the day of the Conference, presenters are advised to contact the Organizing Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org) for validation purposes of their presentation files.
- Presenters are also advised to be in their designated session room 10 minutes before their session starts and notify the session moderator of their presence.
Poster Preparation, Mounting and Dismantling, and Presentation
- Each poster must be prepared in A0 size or 841 x 1189 mm, portrait style, and brought on the day of the Seminar.
- Posters which are not in the correct size as the prescribed-size will not be allowed to be displayed.
- Poster must contain information on the following: poster title, names of authors, institution and e-mail address of each author, introduction, method, result & discussion, conclusion, reference, acknowledgment (if necessary).
- Poster must also show the Registration number of the poster, the Conference name and Theme, Conference Organizer (SEAMEO BIOTROP), and place and date of conference (SEAMEO BIOTROP, Bogor-Indonesia, 25 - 26 October 2023).
- The Organizing Committee will only provide space for the printed poster.
- All posters must be placed in their corresponding plot. Registration Number of each poster will be posted on the plot.
- Posters must be placed on the designated area on 25 October 2023 before the opening ceremony.
- Poster would be displayed throughout the Conference dates.
- Posters should be removed by the presenters after the Conference is finished or will be disposed-off by the Organizing Committee.
- Authors should attend their posters at the scheduled time slot: at lunch time and refreshment break time.